The Daily Show host is reported to have earned Sh2.8 billion ($28 million) within the June-June period.
Most of the comedian earnings came from his business activities including the ‘Son of Patricia’ his show on Netflix, his book Born A Crime 2016, his stand-up tour, and TV hosting duties.
Top on the Forbes list is American comedian Kevin Hart who raked in Sh6 billion ($59 million). Born in Johannesburg, Noah began his career as a comedian, presenter, and actor in his native South Africa in 2002 at the age of 18.
He held several television hosting roles with the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) and was the runner-up in their fourth season of Strictly Come Dancing in 2008.
From 2010 to 2011, Noah was the creator and host of Tonight with Trevor Noah on M-Net and DStv.
His stand-up comedy career attained international success, leading to appearances on American late-night talk shows and British panel shows
.In 2014, Noah became the Senior International Correspondent for The Daily Show, and the following year, he succeeded long-time host Jon Stewart and is set to remain in this position until 2022.
On the show, Noah usually sits down with the biggest headline-grabbers in politics and entertainment.
Noah also covers the biggest news stories in politics, pop culture and more.
Recently he trended after devising a viral conspiracy theory that President Donald Trump is targeting first lady Melania Trump with his immigration policies.
Here is the top 10 highest-paid comedians list below
- Kevin Hart – Sh 6 billion ($59 million)
- Jerry Seinfeld – Sh4.2 billion ($41 million)
- Jim Gaffigan – Sh3.0 billion ($30 million)
- Trevor Noah – Sh2.8 billion ($28 million)
- Sebastian Maniscalco – Sh2.7 billion ($26 million)
- Gabriel Iglesias – Sh2.2 billion ($22 million)
- Amy Schumer – Sh2.1 billion ($21 million)
- Terry Fator – Sh1.7 billion ($17 million)
- Jeff Dunham – Sh1.5 billion ($15 million)
- Aziz Ansari – Sh1.3 billion ($13 million)